Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Tuesday 6/12/2007, Playlist by Larry Miller

Instrumental, my dear Watson:

Jeff Beck: "A Day in the Life"
Fleetwood Mac: "Albatross"
John Mayall's Bluebreakers, w/ Peter Green, gtr.; "Supernatural"
The Beatles: "Flying"
Traffic: "Glad"
Jethro Tull: "Serenade to a Cuckoo"
Charlie Musselwhite's Southside Band: "4 P.M." (From Stand Back- Harvey Mandel, guitar)

Break #1 (Breaks background music today by Ry Cooder)

Featuring Harvey Mandel: (No, he's not dead and it's not his birthday...)

Charlie Musselwhite: "Help Me"
Harvey Mandel: "Leavin' Trunk" (From Games Guitars Play- Russell Dashiel, vocal)
Canned Heat: "Let's Work Together" (Live in Europe)
John Mayall: "Nature's Disappearing" (from USA Union)
Pure Food and Drug Act: "What Come Around Goes Around" (Don 'Sugarcane' Harris, vocal and violin)
Sweet Home Chicago: "Brown Sugar" (live jam with the Musselwhite band and Mike Bloomfield)

Matching Sets: Blues Originals and Hot Covers:

Muddy Waters and Savoy Brown: "You Need Love"
Ann Cole and Paul Butterfield: "I Got My Mojo Workin'"
Howlin' Wolf and Jeff Beck: "I Ain't Superstitious"

Break

Otis Rush and Led Zeppelin (BBC Sessions): "I Can't Quit You, Baby"
Henry Thomas: "Bulldoze Blues" and Canned Heat: "Goin' Up The Country"
Elmore James and Fleetwood Mac (Jeremy Spencer, slide gtr and vocal): "The Madison"
Jimmy Reed and the Yardbirds: "I Ain't Got You"
G.L. Crockett: "It's a Man Down There" and the Allman Brothers: "One Way Out"
(The last song was incomplete- ran out of time. My bad. I'll make it up next time.)

Bad Acid Flashback Alert: on Monday 6/18, I will be joining Bob Dubrow for a 4 hour plus spectacular celebration of the 40th anniversary of the Monterey Pop Festival. I was there. I'll be here. We have a lot of previously unreleased music to play. Join us!

Larry the M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home