Wednesday, August 08, 2007

SUMMER OF LOVE: VENUES- With your blast from the past, Larry Miller.

Who played where and when...

FILLMORE AUDITORIUM, SAN FRANCISCO

August 1, 1967
Richie Havens: “Here Comes The Sun”
Buffalo Springfield: “For What It’s Worth”
Muddy Waters: “Got My Mojo Workin’” (from Fathers and Sons, w/ Bloomfield and Butterfield)

August 8, 1967
Steve Miller Blues Band: “Mercury Blues”
Moby Grape: “Miller’s Blues” (from WOW)
Electric Flag: “Groovin’ Is Easy”

August 15, 1967
Chuck Berry w/ Steve Miller Band: “Rockin' the Fillmore/ Everyday I Have The Blues”
The Young Rascals: “Mustang Sally”
The Charles Lloyd Quartet: “Sombrero Sam”
Cast of Hair: “Let The Sunshine In”
The Count Basie Orchestra: “Hard Day;s Night” (!!)

August 29, 1967 ( I was actually there for this one...)
Gary Burton Quartet: “I’m Your Pal”
Cream: “Tales of Brave Ulysses” (live, volume 2)
(Also on the bill: The Electric Flag)

That Bill Graham could sure pick ‘em!

Ticket Giveaway: Hippiefest, starring:

The Zombies: “I Got My Mojo Workin’”
Mountain: “Long Red”
Mitch Ryder: “I Never Had It So Good”
Badfinger: “Name of the Game”
Country Joe McDonald: “Bass Strings”

More tickets: at the Zeiterion New Bedford 8/9:
Eric Burdon and the Animals: “Yes, I Am Experienced”
Yardbirds: “Train Kept A’rollin’”

GRANDE BALL ROOM, DETROIT

August 11 and 27, 1967
Grateful Dead: “St. Stephen” (Live Dead)
Spikedrivers: “Often I Wonder”
The Southbound Freeway: “Crazy Shadows” (rare single on the Swan label)
MC5: “Kick Out The Jams”

(Yes, I played guitar in the Southbound Freeway in Detroit in 1966; apparently I got out just in time, before this recoding was made... For more on the Detroit rock scene from those years, go here: http://home.att.net/~s.m.geer/bands.htm)

I’ll be back on Thursday the 16th filling in for Chris, and again on Tuesday the 21st, when we’ll do more of the venues thing, featuring the Avalon Ballroom from August 1967.

Be Cool.

Larry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home