Thursday, December 07, 2006

December 5, 2006 playlist - Eli Polonsky

Because I was recovering from a terrible cold, and because I had to work overnights at my paying job both the nights before and the night after this show, I decided to take it easy and ask for suggestions for long tracks to play.

Everything played in this show was by request, if not for the track itself, at least for something by the artist. It's great that WMBR allows the freedom to do this, it makes doing volunteer radio well worthwhile! Thanks to everyone who came through with great suggestions, and sorry for all of those I couldn't get to!

01. It's A Beautiful Day - Time Is
02. Cream - Toad (Live at Fillmore East)
03. Buffalo Springfield - Bluebird (long LP version)
04. Poco - Nobody's Fool/El Tonto De Nadie Regressa
05. Grateful Dead - China Cat Sunflower/I Know You Rider
(From Dick's Picks #31 - 8/4/74 Philadelphia Civic Center)
06. Flash - Small Beginnings
07. Al Kooper - Bury My Body
08. Leon Russell - Jumping Jack Flash/Youngblood
(Live from The Concert For Bangladesh - 1971)
09. Quicksilver Messenger Service - Gold And Silver
10. Neil Young - Down By The River

Next Tuesday the 12'th it's Larry Miller's turn to bring back the psychedelic and folkadelic era, and I'll be back on the 19'th with a special memorial birthday tribute to Phil Ochs, and perhaps some "Lost & Found" sounds of the season.

Thanks for listening,
Eli Polonsky
eli@wmbr.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home