Thursday, July 27, 2006

The Summer of Soul [Pt. 9] on 7/27/06 w/ CdV

Intro: "The Dap Walk" - Ernie & the Top Notes

Sharon Jones - "Damn, It's Hot (Pt.1)"
The Drapels - "Wonderin'"
Dee Dee Sharp - "My Best Friend's Man"
Edward Hamilton - "I'm Gonna Love You"
James Carr - "Hold On"
Joe Bataan - "Ordinary Guy"
The Five Stairsteps - "Don't Change Your Love"
Johnny Barfield & the Men of S.O.U.L. - "Soul Butter"
Dick Holler & the Holidays - "Double Shot"
Kashmere Stage Band - "Super Bad"
James Brown - "Please Please Please"
Darrell Banks - "The Love of My Woman"
Jackie Moore - "It Ain't Who You Know"
The Masqueraders - "How"
Bobby 'Blue' Bland - "I Wouldn't Treat a Dog"
Don Covay - "What's In the Headlines"
Johnny Adams - "I Don't Worry Myself"
Jimmy Jones - "Live & Let Live"
Sam Cooke - "Bring It On Home to Me"
Carla Thomas - "I'll Bring It On Home to You"
Major Lance - "The Matador"
Robert Parker - "The Hiccup"
Billy Butler & the Enchanters - "Boston Monkey"
Rufus Thomas - "Can Your Monkey Do the Dog?"
Don Hart & James Shorter - "All the Love I've Got"
Lou Beatty - "A Wet Pillow"
'Big' Al Downing - "Cornbread Row"
Second Nature - "Who's That Guy"
Bettye Swann - "I Ain't That Easy to Lose"
Kashmere Stage Band - "Al's Tune"
Black Merda - "Reality"
Nelson Sanders - "Tired of Being Your Fool"
Jo Jo Benson - "Having My Glory"
Al Williams - "She Does It"
Arthur Conley - "Rome (Wasn't Built In a Day)"
The LPT's - "Long Cool Summer"
Gloria Taylor - "Grounded Pt.1"
The Sweet Inspirations - "Ain't Nothing Gonna Change Me"
O.V. Wright - "I Don't Do Windows"

Outro: "Yegelle Tetzeta" - Mulatu Astake

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home