Thursday, June 08, 2006

The Summer of Soul [Pt. 2] 6/8/06 w/ CdV

Intro: "The Dap Walk" - Ernie and the Top Notes

Billy Preston - "You're So Unique"
Etta James - "I'd Rather Go Blind"
Joe Simon - "Baby, Don't Be Lookin' in My Mind"
The Hesitations - "I Gotta Find Her"
The Tams - "Be Young, Be Foolish, Be Happy"
Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings - "Natural Born Lover"
Darrell Banks - "Our Love"
The Expression of Faith - "Forgive Me Lord"
Candi Stanton - "Evidence"
James Hunter - "You Can't Win"
Aaron Neville - "How Many Times"
Oscar Toney, Jr. - "He Don't Love You"
Jimmy Hughes - "I'm the Loving Physician"
Len Barry - "Love, Love, Love"
Clarence Reid - "Masterpiece"
Pumla - "As Long As I Live"
Ruth Brown - "Somebody Touched Me"
Lou Rawls - "Yes, It Hurts"
Dionne Warwick - "Get Rid of Him"
Don Covay - "It's Better to Have (And Don't Need)"
Chuck Jackson - "I Don't Want to Cry"
Tower of Power - "Only So Much Oil in the Ground"
Marlena Shaw - "California Soul"
Sam Cooke - "Somebody Have Mercy"
The Isley Brothers w/ Jimi Hendrix - "Simon Says"
Ronnie Dyson - "I Don't Wanna Cry"
William Bell - "I Forgot to Be Your Lover"
Maxine Brown - "One Step at a Time"
Lee Andrews & the Hearts - "Teardrops"
Barbara Jean English - "So Many Ways to Die"
James Hunter - "People Gonna Talk"
Lee Dorsey - "People Gonna Talk"
The Mighty Diamonds - "Love Is Never Hard to Find"
Jerry Butler & Bettye Everett - "Fever"
Sonny Til - "Memories That's All"
Ruby & the Romantics - "Sweet Love and Sweet Forgiveness"
The Jive 5 - "My True Story"
Brenda & the Tabulations - "Walk On By"

Outro: "Yegelle Tetzeta" - Mulatu Astake

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home