Friday, March 06, 2009

Tuesday, March 3, 2009 - Eli Polonsky

To kick off Women's History Month, today's show featured women artists. The only problem was that due to my full weekend of work (and subsequent exhaustion), once again I had no time to prepare in advance. I didn't even decide to do this feature until a half-hour before the show, so I grabbed all the music on the fly while on the air, and it sounds it. Still, I got to play some great music and fulfill some of the requests that I could find.

01. Fifty-Foot Hose - Rose (voc: Nancy Blossom)
02. United States Of America - The Garden Of Earthly Delights (voc: Dorothy Moskowitz)
03. Ultimate Spinach - Ballad Of The Hip Death Goddess (voc: Barbara Jean Hudson)
04. Jefferson Airplane - Lather (voc: Grace Slick)
05. Chicken Shack - I'd Rather Go Blind (voc: Christine "Perfect" McVie)
06. Cold Blood - You've Got Me Humming (voc: Lydia Pence)
07. Delaney & Bonnie - Piece Of My Heart (voc: Bonnie Bramlett)
08. Big Brother & The Holding Company - I Need A Man To Love (voc: Janis Joplin)
09. Nico - Wrap Your Troubles In Dreams
10. Marianne Faithfull - Something Better
11. Barbara Keith - The Bramble And The Bush (the lyrics say Rose)
12. Bonnie Raitt - Love Me Like A Man
13. Janis Joplin - To Love Somebody
14. Marianne Faithfull - The Last Thing On My Mind
15. Joni Mitchell - Michael From Mountains
16. (another Bonnie Raitt tune that I didn't plan to play)
17. Laura Nyro - Stone Soul Picnic
18. Tracy Nelson - Down So Low
19. Mother Earth - I'll Be Long Gone (voc: Tracy Nelson)
20. Mary McCaslin - Circle Of Friends
21. Janis Ian - When The Party's Over
22. Buffy St. Marie - Until It's Time You To Go
23. The Seekers - I'll Never Find Another You (voc: Judith Durham)
24. Joy Of Cooking - Closer To The Ground (voc: Toni Brown & Terry Garthwaite)
25. Fairport Convention - Who Knows Where The Time Goes (voc: Sandy Denny)

I will continue to feature women artists next week as Women's History Month continues, so I can fulfill some requests I didn't get to, and some new ones as well! Your suggestions are welcome! And, hopefully I'll be better organized beforehand!

Thanks for listening!
Eli Polonsky


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good show as always, Eli.
How about something by The Roches next time?
--- Richard Finegan

5:41 PM  
Blogger Eli Polonsky said...

Good idea! Will do!


5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home