Thursday, December 03, 2009

Tuesday, December 1, 2009 - Eli Polonsky

WMBR 88.1 FM (from http://www.track-blaster.com)
DJ: Eli Polonsky
Show: Lost and Found
Playlist for Tuesday, December 1, 2009 (Noon-2pm)
REQ: Request - LIVE: Live - BiT: Band/artist in town this week
S-REQ: Substitute request, same artist - NEW: New Release

12:03 Jerry Garcia Band (w/Nicky Hopkins) - Edward The Mad Shirt Grinder [1975] - LIVE (NEW RELEASE: "Let It Rock")
12:10 Al Kooper & Mike Bloomfield Super Session - Albert's Shuffle - REQ
12:21 Pink Floyd - Interstellar Overdrive [1966]
12:40 Blodwyn Pig - The Squirreling Must Go On - S-REQ
12:44 Spirit - Topanga Windows
12:47 David Crosby - Laughing
12:54 Sly & The Family Stone - Music Lover/Higher [at Woodstock] - REQ - LIVE
1:03 Vanilla Fudge - You Keep Me Hanging On - REQ

1:10 Ian Lloyd & Stories - I'm Coming Home - BiT
1:15 Ian Lloyd & Stories - Earth Bound/Freefall - BiT
Live telephone interview with Ian Lloyd
1:48 Ian Lloyd - Wonderful World - BiT - (NEW RELEASE: "In The land Of O-de-PO")
Ian Lloyd at the Cantab Lounge Sat. 12/5 9:00pm set

1:53 Tom Rush - On The Road Again - BiT
Tom Rush at the Bull Run Shirley, MA Sat. 12/5
1:58 Commander Cody & His Lost Planet Airmen - Hot Rod Lincoln - BiT
Guitarist/singer Bill Kirchen at the Bull Run Fri. 12/4

Thanks for listening, see you next week!
Eli Polonsky

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

RICHARD FINEGAN said ...

Good show, Eli.
I enjoyed the Ian Lloyd interview. I hope he won't mind if I say that I NEVER liked "Brother Louie"! After the perfect pop sound of the previous single "I'm Coming Home" (and its also excellent B-side "You Told Me") in 1972 I was very much looking forward to their next 45 but from the start I just didn't like "Brother Louie"...I guess I'm in the minority with this opinion, but it just didn't sound like the Stories sound I liked so much and had come to expect and look forward to. Sorry, Ian...but since you didn't write it, I'm hoping you won't mind me saying this.

But I loved the later 45 "Slip Away". A great sound, and with The Cars' involvement...more pop perfection!

2:41 AM  
Blogger Eli Polonsky said...

Honestly, I have felt the same way. I always liked "I'm Coming Home", but was never a fan of "Brother Louie", and Ian himself said the song was a "departure" from his usual style.

I was tempted to play his NEW remake of "Brother Louie", though. I like the new instrumentation on it, it sounds like it was done with humor. It wasn't the song he suggested I play from his new CD, though.

I'm sorry I was too exhausted from working my two paying jobs to go out and brave the weather to see him at the Cantab last night.

EP

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

RICHARD FINEGAN said ...

How often that seems to happen: the biggest and most played hit by a favorite artist turns out to be your least personal favorite. And it seems especially frustrating when that big hit isn't even written by the artist.

I too declined travelling out to see Ian on Saturday night. I hope he'll return soon.

Don't forget, Eli, that we'd love to hear more Stories & Ian Lloyd next week and whenever you can play more (hint: wish you'd played "Slip Away" last week!)

5:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home