Friday, March 06, 2009

Tuesday, March 3, 2009 - Eli Polonsky

To kick off Women's History Month, today's show featured women artists. The only problem was that due to my full weekend of work (and subsequent exhaustion), once again I had no time to prepare in advance. I didn't even decide to do this feature until a half-hour before the show, so I grabbed all the music on the fly while on the air, and it sounds it. Still, I got to play some great music and fulfill some of the requests that I could find.

01. Fifty-Foot Hose - Rose (voc: Nancy Blossom)
02. United States Of America - The Garden Of Earthly Delights (voc: Dorothy Moskowitz)
03. Ultimate Spinach - Ballad Of The Hip Death Goddess (voc: Barbara Jean Hudson)
04. Jefferson Airplane - Lather (voc: Grace Slick)
05. Chicken Shack - I'd Rather Go Blind (voc: Christine "Perfect" McVie)
06. Cold Blood - You've Got Me Humming (voc: Lydia Pence)
07. Delaney & Bonnie - Piece Of My Heart (voc: Bonnie Bramlett)
08. Big Brother & The Holding Company - I Need A Man To Love (voc: Janis Joplin)
09. Nico - Wrap Your Troubles In Dreams
10. Marianne Faithfull - Something Better
11. Barbara Keith - The Bramble And The Bush (the lyrics say Rose)
12. Bonnie Raitt - Love Me Like A Man
13. Janis Joplin - To Love Somebody
14. Marianne Faithfull - The Last Thing On My Mind
15. Joni Mitchell - Michael From Mountains
16. (another Bonnie Raitt tune that I didn't plan to play)
17. Laura Nyro - Stone Soul Picnic
18. Tracy Nelson - Down So Low
19. Mother Earth - I'll Be Long Gone (voc: Tracy Nelson)
20. Mary McCaslin - Circle Of Friends
21. Janis Ian - When The Party's Over
22. Buffy St. Marie - Until It's Time You To Go
23. The Seekers - I'll Never Find Another You (voc: Judith Durham)
24. Joy Of Cooking - Closer To The Ground (voc: Toni Brown & Terry Garthwaite)
25. Fairport Convention - Who Knows Where The Time Goes (voc: Sandy Denny)

I will continue to feature women artists next week as Women's History Month continues, so I can fulfill some requests I didn't get to, and some new ones as well! Your suggestions are welcome! And, hopefully I'll be better organized beforehand!

Thanks for listening!
Eli Polonsky

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good show as always, Eli.
How about something by The Roches next time?
--- Richard Finegan

5:41 PM  
Blogger Eli Polonsky said...

Good idea! Will do!

Eli

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home