Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 with Eli Polonsky

For my first show of the year 2008, I thought I'd look back at a few examples of the album rock from 1968 that was being played on the new "FM underground" radio stations at the time.

Album titles in parentheses. (R) = By request
01. Jimi Hendrix - 1983, A Merman I Should Turn To Be ->
02. Jimi Hendrix - Moon Turn The Tides Gently Gently Away (Electric Ladyland)
03. Blood, Sweat & Tears - Somethin' Goin' On (Child Is Father To The Man)
04. SuperSession (Kooper & Bloomfield) - His Holy Modal Majesty (SuperSession)
05. Paul Butterfield Blues Band - In My Own Dream (In My Own Dream)
06. Cream - Toad (R) (Wheels Of Fire)
07. Blue Cheer - Summertime Blues (Vincebus Eruptum)
08. Nazz (Todd Rundgren) - Open My Eyes (Nazz)
09. Iron Butterfly - Mirage (R) (In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida)
10. Steppenwolf - Don't Step On The Grass, Sam (The Second)
11. Jefferson Airplane - Triad (R) (Crown Of Creation)
12. The Byrds - Goin' Back (R) (The Notorius Byrd Brothers)
13. Rolling Stones - Jigsaw Puzzle (R) (Beggar's Banquet)
14. Spirit - Fresh Garbage (R) (Spirit)
(Read L&F Concert Report calendar highlights)
15. The Beatles - While My Guitar Gently Weeps (R) (The Beatles "white album")
16. Donovan - Hurdy Gurdy Man (Hurdy-Gurdy Man)

Larry Miller will bring you the underground sounds of yesteryear for the next two Tuesdays, we had to switch off, so I'll be back on Tuesday, January 29. Best wishes to everyone in the New Year, and thanks for listening!
Eli Polonsky
eli@wmbr.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home