Wednesday, February 14, 2007

February 13, 2007 - Eli Polonsky

A day before Valentines Day, the theme was love songs and romantic music of the psychedelic era, with a couple of obvious digressions into other territory as well. Thanks to everyone for all the excellent requests! Sorry I couldn't get to a few of them. There were many other songs I didn't get to as well. I guess there's always next year!

(R) = By Request

Background talkover music - Merl Saunders w/Jerry Garcia - My Funny Valentine (from "Live At The Keystone" 1973)

01. Blind Faith - Well All Right (Buddy Holly cover)
02. Buddy Holly - Not Fade Away (original version)
03. Delaney & Bonnie - Never Ending Song of Love
04. (R) The Flamingos - I Only Have Eyes For You - (true stereo remaster of original 1959 version produced by former WMBR (WTBS) DJ Little Walter for the first Rhino Records Doo-Wop CD box set)

05. (R) The Youngbloods - Misty Roses (Tim Hardin cover)
06. Buffalo Springfield - Kind Woman
07. (R) Jefferson Airplane - Today (Jerry Garcia - guitar)
08. David Crosby - Guinnivere - (1968 demo version w/Jack Casady on bass)
09. (R) The Byrds - Triad - (David Crosby vocal)
10. Jorma Kaukonen - Genesis
11. (R) Bob Dylan - If Not For You
12. (R) Led Zeppelin - Thank You
13. (R) Love - I'm With You
14. Joni Mitchell - A Case Of You
15. (R) Gordon Lightfoot - Your Lover's Return
16. Orpheus - Can't Find The Time
17. (R) Blood, Sweat & Tears - I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know
18. Boz Scaggs - We Were Always Sweethearts
19. Grateful Dead - They Love Each Other (Live 11/30/73 Boston Music Hall from "Dick's Picks 14" - I was there!)

20. (R) Incredible String Band - The First Girl I Loved
21. (R) The Zombies - I Love You
22. Circus Maximus - The Wind
23. The Youngbloods - Sunlight

Larry Miller is up next Tuesday the 20'th, celebrating the 40'th anniversary of his pioneering "FM underground" overnight radio show on KMPX in San Francisco which began in February, 1967!

I'll be back in two weeks on Tuesday, February 27'th.

Thanks for listening,
Eli Polonsky
eli@wmbr.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home