Thursday, July 06, 2006

The Summer of Soul [Pt. 6] on 7/6/06 w/ CdV

Intro: "The Dap Walk" - Ernie & the Top Notes

The Grodeck Whipperjenny - "Sittin' Here on a Tongue"
The Poets of Rhythm - "More Mess on My Thing"
Larry Siebert - "You Said"
Patty Labelle & the Bluebells - "(1-2-3-4-5-6-7)Count the Days"
Janet & the Jays - "Without a Reason"
Sam Cooke - "Get Yourself Another Fool"
Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings - "All Over Again"
Barbara Jean English - "I'm Living a Lie"
O.V. Wright - "A Nickel & A Nail"
Ted Jarrett - "Love, Love, Love"
Chollo Rivera & the Latin Soul Drive - "Latin Soul Drive Is Here"
Lynn Varnado - "Staying at Home Like a Woman"
The Neptunes - "I'm Coming Home
Wendy Rene - "After Laughter Comes Tears"
Aretha Franklin - "My Way"
Chris Clark - "Whisper You Love Me Boy"
Frank Howard & the Commanders - "Just Like Him"
Clay Hammond - "My Jealous Girl"
Darrell Banks - "The Love of My Woman"
Jimmy Norman - "I'm Leavin'"
Erma Franklin - "Piece of My Heart"
Clyde McPhatter - "Next to Me"
Jerry Washington - "Right Here is Where You Belong"
Edd Henry - "Crooked Woman"
Marian James - "That's My Man"
Delroy Wilson - "Living in the Footsteps"
Kool Blues - "I'm Gonna Keep on Loving You"
Loleatta Holloway - "Casanova"
Z.Z. Hill - "Have Mercy Someone"
Groove Holmes & Brenda Jones - "This is the Me Me (Not the You You)"
Freddie North - "Ok, So What?"
Ernie K. Doe - "Te-Ta-Te-Ta-Ta"
Joe Perkins - "I'm Not Gonna Leave"
Joe Tex - "The Love You Save"
Brenda George - "What You See is What You Gonna Get"
Performers - "Mini Skirts"

Outro: "Yegelle Tetzeta" - Mulatu Astake

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jerry Washington - "Right Here is Where You Belong". Christopher, Jerry Washington asked a band I played sax in to tour with him
in the southeastern United States for about a year in 1973. I left college in my sophomore year to tour with Jerry Washington to promote this album and do lots of recording. I am still in touch with one of the guitarists. We are 52 years old now. Lots of stories. You should have seen the women swooning and singing the lyrics. Jerry also owned a barber shop in Brooklyn. How can I find it? Ron Carlton from Brooklyn, NY. rontavis@msn.com

1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home